Friday 30 January 2009

On our way...

As I write this, I am sitting at Heathrow facing a 2 hour delay to our flight. Not the best of starts, but at least Singapore Airlines have given us some food vouchers.

This week has been really hectic as we were organising moving out of our flat and trying to tie up any loose ends in our arrangements.

We have been selling a few bits on eBay and also giving away furniture on Freecycle and on Monday people turned up for the bed, television and sofas pretty much all at once.

We had planned to sleep on a blow-up mattress for a couple of nights, but due to a mix-up the bed went a day early and in the end we decided that we would stay at the local Travelodge in Tunbridge Wells. The room we had for the first night was pretty much just a box room and the bed was slightly bigger than a single - for two of us!

Anyway, we got moved for the next two nights which were okay, but it certainly isn't the best of the Travelodge hotels, I've only ever stayed in one worse than it.

Last night we went to my parents where we stayed the night and then said a very hard goodbye to my nephews and an even harder one today to my parents and sister. I feel very sad and guilty at leaving, but I know that these feeling for all of us will get better as time goes on.

No comments: