Sunday 18 January 2009

Getting Closer...

It's getting closer to the time we leave and we're gradually getting things into place.

We've just about sorted out our finances, although I'm still awaiting various monies to appear from shares I've sold (we picked the best time to move...) but it's all in process. We've also been selling quite a lot of our stuff on eBay including some big furniture items that we're not taking with us and we've given away a few bits on Freecycle.

We've set up our bank account at Westpac and I'm using UKForex to move some money into it. I've used them before and their rates aren't bad and the process is really straightforward.

We've also been cancelling credit cards (I've kept one) various memberships, insurances and changed the address on my driving licence to that of my parents as you have to have a UK address where you can be contacted.

I've arranged the redirection of our post and I've still got a few phone calls and letters to send off next week.

Personally, it's getting hard when saying goodbye to friends and colleagues that I won't see again before I go and it's difficult to handle the guilt at what I'm putting my family through as the time for us to leave gets closer.

No comments: