Friday 23 January 2009

Last Day at Work

Today was my last day of work in the UK office of the company I work for. I'm quite lucky because they have an office in Sydney and I'm transferring there, so it has been one less thing to worry about.

I've worked for this company for about eight and a half years and have made a lot of friends and it was hard to say goodbye. However, the company has quite a fair bit of movement between their global offices, so it is quite possible that I may see some of them again which made it a bit easier. Someone said that, because of that, it was more like Au Revoir rather than Goodbye. I hope that is the case.

For a leaving present I was given a voucher for a meal for two at Beluga in Sydney which, if you read my Gaztronomy blog, you'll realise was the perfect gift.

So, now I've a week before we leave in which we have to finish off our preparations, get our stuff shipped and pack. It doesn't seem enough time...

No comments: